Beauty in Healing

Beauty in Healing

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Knowing your limits.



We all come from a past full of regret,hurt,insecurity's, and SCARS that we may have caused or that someone else gave us. For a long time I have carried around my baggage and have let my past dictate my future.
I know it's hard and it hurts but I no longer want to live that way. I say "If you don't have a past..Your boring." So if you have made "Mistakes" learn from them and let it go. Use it to better understand WHO YOU ARE and what your limits are. What is it that keeps getting in the way of you accomplishing great things. Learn what triggers you to stumble and fall.... and then... Get it the hell out of the way...you are going somewhere in life and there isn't time to waste tripping over the same damn things. Take it from Albert Einstein when he say's "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
After looking insane running into the same wall over and over again I decided I better turn around and head the other way LOL ;)
On the flip side People are people and they aren't perfect so WE ALL have been hurt by somebody at some point in life.
My heart still aches over things that have happened to me but, you know I am truly grateful for them...Now I am stronger and have the ability to relate to people on a much deeper and more compassionate level. I relate it to.... two mothers self conscious of their stretch marks from having children...both worried the other one will think they look grose if thy see but, once THEY take a good look at each other they can laugh and feel connected in knowing THEY BOTH have stretch marks...then they can talk about how it was worth it because, now they have beautiful children.
Ever since I have been willing to be transparent with people and have given them a good look at how imperfect I am...WOW...it has allowed them to feel comfortable in doing the same...it's so freeing to just be authentic and really connect with someone.
Now that I know it's not a sign of weakness to cry and that it's okay to show my hurt....I feel like I can breath as I let myself heal. sometimes there truly is beauty in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment