Beauty in Healing

Beauty in Healing

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sometimes if you want to get somewhere better you have to leave some place behind.


There comes a time in life when one chapter is ending and another one has begun.
This new chapter of my life is a journey really, of letting go of the past and embracing my future. Why modeling?? Well...in my own way I am facing my fear.
I have felt both broken and worthless inside and have always struggled with not feeling good enough. I have been emotionally eaten alive and put down to wear I was so alone and numb that I didn't know who I was any more. The following is a song that reminds me of how I was feeling:

"Scream" by Zoegirl

Does anybody know how I feel?
Sometimes I'm numb, sometimes I'm overcome
Does anybody care what's going on?
Do I have to wear my scars like a badge on my arm
For you to see me, I need release

Do I have to scream for you to hear me?
Do I have to bleed for you to see me?
'Cause I grieve, you're not listening to me
Do I need to scream?

Has anybody seen what's been done?
Where was my defense? No one heard my protest
The eyes of God were watching me
It's time to make my peace, let it go and be released
So I can breathe again
I'm on my knees

I've been marked, set apart
But I'm cut so deep and afraid of the dark
One drop of blood from the hole in Your hand
Is enough to heal me and make me stand

'Cause I'm clean, He is listening to me

I don't have to scream for Him to hear me
Don't have to bleed for Him to see me
'Cause I'm clean, He is listening to me
I don't have to scream
I don't have to bleed
'Cause I'm clean, He is listening
And I don't have to scream


One night I couldn't take the pain anymore and I felt God pushing me to move forward
and make a change in my life. I had to take a walk in the unknown and at times I physically could not breath but, I pushed through it anyway and am stronger for it.
I no longer regret any of my past... I have more depth because of it. A good friend once told me that "Sometimes in life you have to experience who you are not inorder to experience who you are." I LOVE THAT!!!
So here I am putting myself out there for the world to see knowing VERY well that I am not EVERYBODY'S flavor and may get criticism but, I am a flavor and I want to embrace the beauty in that. I know there really is beauty in healing and the rainbow always comes after the rain.

7 comments:

  1. Good for you Brittney. Facing your fear is never a easy thing. I'm sure you'll do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried being there for you, you never let me in! I have always cared!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful page. I thought that I was beginning to understand you....but then I saw this blog and I realize that there are so many facets and parts to who you are and the true beautiful side of your inner self ....each new thing that I learn about you is amazing.

    Your a wonderful beautiful person and I am very fortunate to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Henry:) I needed your comment today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I was just posting to your FB About ways you could snatch the creepy fuc who put his digits on your Dell puterand poof I'm here where is here?

    ReplyDelete
  6. KevinLoves inc CEO Founder owner 9 employees and my ex she issomylopaid to not be on the floor and dip someone others pocket instead of my employees that was the best crew money could could buy. I would do interviews on site. I ended with s better employees than I could believe. Lots an lots of brain power. If IF had a dream

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Kevin rest in peace we love you pec xoxo

    ReplyDelete